Oh goodie it’s that time again…
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for September 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects represent our favorite year end Season. It may be Autumn, Winter, Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas (and maybe even a combination!) We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I have been trying to figure out what to do for this hop and I had two very different ideas peak my interest and I could not decide on just one so here goes…
The first card is basically cased directly from the Annual Catalog. I added a few sparkles (read clear metallic sequins) and decorated the envelope. The card is made with a crumb cake card base, hardwood background stamp with crumb cake ink, you guessed it more crumb cake paper this time using the triple banner punch & early espresso sentiment from the better together stamp set. On the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment “may your Christmas be merry and bright” from the wonderful year stamp set. The ribbon and bow along with the wreath are stamped on very vanilla card stock, using my big shot the wondrous wreath framelits along with cherry cobbler, pear pizzaz & garden green inks.
My second card is more of a whimsical watercolor card. I love christmas colors but the primary reds and greens are not my favorite so I did something a little different! I used whisper white for my card base, and the sentiment tag. I used water color paper and my aqua painter to create the cherry cobbler wash behind my tag. After the color wash, I triple wrapped the watercolor paper with cherry cobbler bakers twine and popped it up with stampin’ dimensionals. I used the tin of tags stamp stet for my sentiment which is stamped in momento black ink and the star banner/garland which is stamped in cherry cobbler. Taking a small scrap of gold glimmer paper and the star confetti punch I added accent stars to the tag and the background layer (using the fine tip glue pin). I finished the card off using a little ⅛ gold and white ribbon & gold metallic thread.
I hope you enjoyed my contribution(s) to the “my favorite season” pals blog hop! Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB <– You Are Here–<
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jeanie Stark at www.juststampin.com
- Sue Becker at www.RnRStamping.com
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Card # 1 Product List