Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June Blog Hop! Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog introduced us to five new In Colors: Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum. What a beautiful collection of versatile colors! Today’s Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that feature each artist’s favorite new In Color. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
As you can see from above I found it hard to select just one favorite in-color!
- Using your Stampin’ Trimmer cut and score the following cardstock pieces:
1) 8.5 x 5.5 score at 4.25
1) 2.5 x 4
1) 2.75 x 4.25
Moroccan Nights DSP
1) 4 x 5.25
- On the Very Vanilla, 2.5 x 4, stamp your sentiment. I chose Happy Birthday from the Better Together set. I love the font! Using the rule of thirds I stamped my sentiment, using Dapper Denim, on the right ⅔ of the cardstock.
- I stamped the inside of the card in Emerald Envy – just to be different!
- Using snail adhesive I adhered the Very Vanilla to the 2.75 x 4.25 Dapper Denim. I then attached 5 dimensionals to the back in preparation of the next step.
- Removing the backing of the dimensionals from the sentiment I placed it on the DSP. I know that there is most likely an official way to do this but I just eyeballed it.
- Faux ribbon tying at its best. I cut a length of the Emerald Envy ribbon (approx. 8″) and looped the ends to gather and tied a double knot. Then I cut the circle in the middle and voila a perfectly flat knot for front of the card. Then I put glue dots on the ends of the ribbon and wrapped it around the front of the card.
- Adhere the Moroccan Nights DSP, 4 x 5.25 to the front of the Very Vanilla card base, 5.5 x 8.5, scored at 4.25. I used Snail adhesive but the liquid glue works great, too. Just remember a little of the liquid glue goes a long way!
- Once completed I thought the card needed a little something extra so… I broke out the retired star from the itty bitty punch pack (sad to see this set go) and punched three stars. In order to replicate the pattern on the DSP I then placed the stars on a sticky note (on the sticky side) then inserted them back into the punch and punched again. Worked great… and matches the DSP beautifully – if I do say so myself 🙂
Last but not least… bling!
- I took several jewels and placed them on the new punches and scattered them on the card. And as I don’t like to send an “nekkid” envelope I added 2 x 4.5 on the left side of the envelope (secured with liquid glue) and added more bling!
- Dapper Denim 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Moroccan Designer Series Paper 
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock 
Tools & Adhesives
- Stampin’ Trimmer 
- Liquid Multipurpose Glue 
- SNAIL Permanent Adhesive 
- Glue Dots 
- Paper Snips Scissors 
Ribbons & Trim
- Medium Very Vanilla Envelopes 
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels Embellishments 
Thank you for stopping by today. Next stop, Brian King at Stamp with Brian There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Becky Volpp at Ink Blossom with Becky
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB